August 2021 - Delphine's Quilt Shop, LC
Welcome to the August 2021 Newsletter from Delphine's
It's time to come together and celebrate quilting with others. We will be hosting a Demo Day Wednesday, August 4th, 2021.
The Demos for August will include It's Sew Emma Log Cabin Quilt Block Foundation Paper, Quilt in a Day Triangle in a Square Rulers & a Tool to help you with your bindings!
Each demo session will include all 3 plus more!
Discounts and Door Prizes will also be on the Agenda!
Demos are scheduled for 11am, 1pm and 3pm but will occur more often if needed.
Sewing Machine Cleaning Day with Aaron
If your machine is in need of a good cleaning, oiling and adjusting, you're in luck! Aaron Lee will be here on Wednesday, August 25th to clean sewing machines. Give us a call at 989-732-1252 to schedule your appointment.
The fee is $60 per machine.
Braided Bracelet with Handmade Soft Beads Workshop with Gaylann
Cost is $10.00 per person
If you missed the July class, no worries, we will be offering it again in September! Stay tuned for more details soon! These bracelets are braided from skinny strips batik strips with "beads" made from fabric (cotton or wool), glass beads and threads. I bet you can't make just one!
With you would like to buy one, they are available for $15.00 each.
Free Motion Quilting Class with Delphine
Cost is $15.00 per person
Tuesday, August 17th from 1-4pm - This Class is Full
Another class will be held in October.
Delphine has been free motion quilting quilts of all sizes for over 20 years. Sign up for this class and give you hands and machine a try to the various steps involved with this technique.
Class size is limited to 6 people
Finish it with Jen
Cost is $15.00 per person
Friday, August 20th from 12:30-3:30pm
Have you started a class with Jen and just haven't gotten around to finishing it? Or have you forgotten what step you need to do next? Bring your project and have Jen help get you going again on completing your project. When you sign up, please let us know what project you will be bringing with you, so Jen can be prepared.
Some of the Future Groups that Delphine's has on order!
Belle Isle by Moda is set to arrive in August.
Flowershop by Clothworks is due to arrive shortly.
Sewing Groups at the Shop
We welcome you to come back or attend a meeting for the first time. We just ask that you please call ahead to confirm you will be attending to keep attendance at 9 or below per gathering.
Mondays: 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th
10am to 4pm
WOOL Workers Club - Join fellow sewists who enjoy the feel of wool, share your knowledge or pick up new ideas. Beginners to advanced wool workers are welcome.
1st Thursday - August 5th
10:30am to 1pm
Comfort Quilters - Lap quilts are made to give primarily to the local Veterans Affair Office for distribution to veterans of northern lower Michigan.
2nd Thursday - August 12th
10:30am to 4pm
Hand Work Day - Whether you knit, sew, embroider or make things with another hand work technique consider coming in this day to meet with other like minded folks.
3rd Wednesday - August 18th
10:00am to 12:30pm
Patriotic Quilters of Gaylord - This group has made 225+ twin sized quilts to distribute as QOV quilts to local veterans who are presented them at the monthly meetings. A big Thank You goes out to the long arm quilters who provide the quilting.
3rd Thursday - August 19th
10:30am to 4pm
Recipe of the Month
Raspberry Lemon Loaf Cake by Confessions of a Baking Queen
Raspberry Lemon Loaf Cake is a Moist Lemon Cake is studded with Raspberries and Covered in a Lemon Glaze. This easy Raspberry Lemon Loaf Cake recipe will be your new favorite snack!
Note from Delphine - I found this recipe, tried it and LOVED it!
- 376 grams (1 1/2 cup) All-Purpose Flour
- 3 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 532 grams (1 1/3 cup) Granulated Sugar
- 12oz (3/4 Cup) Unsalted Butter, at room temp.
- 4 Large Eggs, at room temp.
- 6 tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 heaping Tablespoons Lemon Zest
- 8oz (1/2 cup) Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream
- 16oz Raspberries (fresh or frozen-if frozen keep frozen until you fold them in the batter)
- 376 grams (1 1/2 cup) powdered sugar, sifted
- 6 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Zest
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and grease a 9X5 loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl with an electric mixer combine sugar and butter for 3-4 minutes, so it's nice and fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time. Mix in lemon zest and juice. Fold in the dry mixture. Then fold in the Greek yogurt, then gently fold in raspberries.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes before starting glaze.
- While the cake is cooling prepare lemon glaze. In a bowl combine powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Drizzle on top of the cake when it is completely cool. Store cake in an airtight container, store in the fridge to last longer.
The website is open 24/7 and offers Free Shipping on orders over $50.00.
Please check out our Facebook page for posts about new samples and collections. www.facebook.com/DelphinesQuiltShop
Scissor Sharpening by Edge-G of Gaylord. Glen has many years of experience sharpening scissors. You can drop them off at the shop to be serviced. The fee is generally $5.00 a pair.
Have your Sewing Machine serviced and/or repaired by Aaron Lee of A & K Sewing from Grayling. He also has many years of experience at his trade. The cost of a cleaning is $60.00. Aaron can be reached at 517-260-7331. Give him a call to arrange a pick up date for your machine.
Go to www.delphinesquiltshop.com/newsletter.htm if your email server doesn't
show this newsletter in its entirety.